Students are challenged to think within the Scrum framework, the underlying principles and values, and how they help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make. Students will also explore what practices, tools, skills, and stances make an effective Scrum Master.
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master II course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master II assessment, and are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM III assessment. These industry-recognised PSM certifications require a minimum passing score on these rigorous assessments.
- What makes an effective Scrum Master
- How to support the Scrum Team
- How to support the organization
- Challenges of middle management
- Dealing with complexity and impediments
- Measurement in Scrum
- Successful product delivery and “Done”
- Facilitation techniques
Public And Private Courses Available
The Agile Trainer.com is able to offer both public and private courses for Scrum Master training. This allows us to deliver the training to all your colleagues together in one place at the same time.
What previous attendees thought:
Next Course Dates & Locations
- The Scrum Master as a Teacher
- The Scrum Master as a Coach & Mentor
- The Scrum Master as a Facilitator
- The Scrum Master as a Change Agent
- Why Scrum: Refresh what empiricism is and how it manifests in Scrum. Learn what professionalism means in product delivery and how it relates to Scrum.
- Scrum framework: Use the Scrum Principles & Values as a guide to the many challenging situations that a Scrum Master faces.
- Understanding and engaging people & teams: Learn how Scrum Masters can create engaging and trusting environments.
- Growing people & teams: Learn how to support the self-organisation of Development Teams by acting as a Servant-Leader.
- Agile product management: Learn how a Scrum Master can support the Product Owner in the successful delivery of valuable products.
- Organisation: Learn what a Scrum Master can do to help organisations embrace Agility and be emphatic to those with other views.
Who Should Attend?
- The Professional Scrum Master II course is an advanced course specifically designed for experienced Scrum Masters who have a thorough understanding of the Scrum framework.
- It is particularly beneficial for those people with at least one year of Scrum Master experience.
Course PrerequisitesAttendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required)
- Have passed the Scrum Open assessment
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through having taken part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course
- Have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a software product or application using Scrum
What Is Included:
- Two attempts for the Professional Scrum Master (PSM-II) certification exam (if taken within 14 days of the course)
- 40% discount for the PSM III certification exam
- 14 PDUs from the Project Management Institute (Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment.)
- Electronic copy of the course materials
- Refreshments & Lunch
Assessment CertificationAll participants completing the Professional Scrum Master II course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master II assessment, and are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM III assessment. These industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score on these rigorous assessments.
Professional Scrum Master II (Included In The Price Of The Course)People who have passed PSM II, achieving certification, demonstrate an advanced level of Scrum mastery. PSM II certificate holders prove that they have an understanding of the underlying principles of Scrum and can effectively apply Scrum in complex, real-world situations.
Professional Scrum Master IIIPeople who have passed PSM III, achieving certification, demonstrate a distinguished level of Scrum mastery. PSM III certificate holders have a deep understanding of the application and practices of Scrum and the Scrum Values in a variety of complex team and organisational situations.
The ExamAll participants who complete the Professional Scrum Master course receive a key to take the PSM II certification exam. The certification exam is done online; After the course, all students receive a key to take the exam, which consists of 80 questions and a duration of 60 minutes.
No Renewal Costs!Professional Scrum certifications are yours for life with no renewal costs to retain them. Once you pass the assessment, you will retain that certification, you will be listed on the Scrum.org website and remain there forever with no additional future costs.
About Your Trainer – Steve TrappsSteve has over 20 years of IT experience in various roles, ranging from scrum master for various development teams, technical architect on high profile projects to a developer who is just happy to be coding away. During this time, Steve has worked for sector-leading companies BSkyB, Nestle UK and Procter & Gamble whilst also working for small to medium enterprises to help them to grow their business by supporting their development processes and the teams within. In addition to being a trainer, Steve is a TOGAF certified architect and a former Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer. Steve has worked in various teams (Scrum and none Scrum) so comes packed with real life stories. From Start Ups building the next social media network up to large corporations handling thousands of transactions a second. If you want to learn from someone who has been there and done it, then Steve would be able to share experiences to help you on your way.
What previous attendees thought:
Engaging Course, Well delivered fun and I learned a lot ! – SF
Good Pace , Covered questions well, trainer good at prompting discussions – CS
Loved the real world examples – so valuable!! – NB
More From Steve
Previously Delivered Training at:
Interested in Finding out more?
Why not drop us a line!